We have put together a little guide regarding the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
In plantar fasciitis the thick tissue layer at the bottom of your foot gets swollen causing immense pain while you walk or even stand on your foot.
There are many ways in which individuals cope up with plantar fasciitis in their daily routines. An easy treatment is to buy shoes which are comfortable and provide support to your heel and arch.
We can understand the pain you have to go through and we think that restricting yourself to staying inside your home or just plain walking will do you no good.
Why sneakers? Because sneakers are basically athletic shoes designed to offer comfort to your feet while you are running, jogging, walking or conducting any physical activity. So they can serve as a convenient way of keeping your feet at ease at all times.
However, before you choose the most suitable one for you, you need to get hold of your proper shoe size, your foot type, some money and maybe your medical report highlighting the intensity of your plantar fasciitis.
We have composed a list of the top 10 best sneakers for plantar fasciitis including a little review on each one of them in order to facilitate you in making the right decision.
Our best sneakers for plantar fasciitis are divided according to the gender i.e. for men and women so that you can conveniently look for the ones that can ward off your heel pain.
Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis for Women
No.1 – Vionic Orthaheel Walker Athletic Shoe
For us and hundreds of other women Vionic Orthaheel walker shoe is the top gun while considering some of the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
Vionic is credited with coming up with one of its kind breakthrough technology known asOrthaheel. Each and every pair of shoes with this technology is specifically designed by podiatrists.
- Walker shoe comes with incorporated Orthaheel foot-bed that helps in controlling motion
- It has an arch and a flexible midsole support specifically outlined to keep your feet at ease
- It includes a deep heel cup to provide you with extra grip and a stable pace
- It is made up of full grain and water-resistant leather
- It has a rubber sole and is available in a wide range of sizes
- Specially designed top cloth that prevents foot odor
- It comes in 3 colors and is sold at a price of around $100
- It helped hundreds of women especially working ladies with their plantar fasciitis and is one of the highly recommended sneaker
- Very comfortable
- Feeling of stiffness and tightness especially in the toe area
Overall, considering the features and the overwhelming response from its users, these sneakers are rightfully at number 1 place in our list of the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
No.2 – Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Shoe
Brooks is one of the top brands when it comes to walking and running shoes. Their addiction series includes shoes with an award winning MoGo midsole.
This sole provides higher cushioning and shock absorbing that’s why these shoes are the 2nd best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
- It is made from leather and includes MoGo midsole
- It is water resistant with a linear platform
- It comes with an upper portion made of full grain leather
- Other special features including S-257 Cushsole for better grip
- Available in 3 different colors and at a price of 120$
- Good arch support, helpful in correcting over-pronation and provides cushioning
- Long lasting and comfortable
- Narrow built
All in all, Brooks addiction walker is preferred and rated highly by many women.
No.3 – Dr. Weil Rhythm Women’s Lace-Up Walking
Dr. Weil Rhythm by Orthaheel comes with CME midsole and is placed at the 3rd position in our list of the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
This midsole works as a shock absorbent and prevents as much pressure on feet and ankle as possible. It is designed by keeping plantar fasciitis problem and other related issues in mind.
- Footbed made from biomechanical orthotic
- Includes an CME midsole and AMS (aided motion system)
- Airy mesh on the upper part
- Comes with different color combinations and has varied pricing
- Size are usually less than your original shoe size
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Works good for correcting plantar fasciitis
- Customers get confused with the inconsistent sizing
- Not durable
On the whole, producers need to work on the quality of this shoe so that it can help in getting rid of plantar fasciitis in a much better way.
No.4 – Skechers Women’s Loving Life Memory Foam Fashion Sneaker
Skechers is a famous brand that works hard to bring comfortable shoes for its customers.
Even if their manufacturing strategies are not focused on plantar fasciitis’s treatment, yet their shoes have relieved the pain of many of their customers.
Their women’s synergy – love life shoe ranks at number 4 in our list of best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
- Soft leather inner and outer part
- Lightweight FlexSole and Memory Foam Plus insole for shock absorbing
- Flexible outsole
- Available in black color and sold at a price around $60
- Extremely comfortable and flexible
- Reduce plantar fasciitis pain
- Less support to heels
It has helped many women in fixing their walk and reducing the pain that they were previously experiencing.
No.5 – Saucony Originals Women’s Jazz Low Pro Sneaker
Although this not shoe is not made with a purpose of easing plantar fasciitis yet many customers who bought it had plantar fasciitis and surprisingly felt much comfortable and relaxed.
- Sneaker has an EVA midsole that provides cushioning and absorbs shocks
- It has a rubber traction outsole
- It has a padded, slim fit and lace-up front
- Outside has suede and nylon finish
- Price less than 60$
- Comes in a large variety of colors
- Comfortable and light weight
- Stylish and colorful
- Good Arch support
- Slim fit makes the shoe tighter for some people
A little bit tweaks like more emphasis on arch support and better cushioning in this shoe by keeping in mind the pain received from plantar fasciitis can give it a better rank in our list of the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis.
There are few other sneakers out there which are really good. Skechers for Work Women’s Shape Ups SR Sneakers and Skechers Women’s Bikers-Step-Up Mary Jane Sneaker have a large fan following as well.
Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis for Men
No.1 – Orthaheel Men’s Walker
Orthaheel Men’s Walker is to date the number 1 and the best sneakers for planter fasciitis. The amount of relief they provide their customers is truly unmatchable.
- It is made out top class, full grain, water-resistant leather
- A biomechanical orthotic that prevents foot odor developed by podiatrist is also included
- An EVA midsole to serve as a shock absorbent
- Available in 3 colors and sold at a price between 100 – 200 $
- Highly recommended and loved sneaker for plantar fasciitis
- Perfect arch support
- Greater heel support
- Size issues (usually smaller)
Many people have experienced a drastic reduction in their pain from plantar fasciitis. You should give these shoes a try as well.
No.2 – Skechers Men’s Work: Felix – Keystone Sneaker
Skechers is a top brand that provides comfy work shoes for both men and women. Their Felix – Keystone sneaker ranks 2nd in our inventory of best sneakers for plantar fasciitis for men.
- Rubber outsole compliant with OSHA that resists any slips and trips
- PU insole that provides cushioning
- Lace up front
- Available in black and white color and priced at around $60
- Provide adequate heel and arch support
- Comfortable and flexible
- Perfect fitting
- Slightly tighter in front area around the toes
A large number of individuals wear these sneakers to their workplace each day and spend long working hours comfortably. These sneakers are considered a great return for the money.
No.3 – New Balance Men’s MX626 Slip Resistant Cross-Training Shoe
How can we forget new balance while compiling the best sneakers for plantar fasciitisfor men? Their shoes are made in a way so as to assist athletes and other trainers in their pursuit.
- EVA foam footbed that provides high level cushioning and flexibility
- Outside leather including slip-resistant outsole
- Internal shank for stability
- Available in black color and price is less than $100
- Comfortable all day
- Prevents slip at all times
- Relieves you of plantar fasciitis pain
- Gets heated quickly
These sneakers provide relief to plantar fasciitis pain and also offer peace of mind through their non-slip technology. They are surely worth a try.
No.4 – Skechers Men’s Shape-Ups XT Fitness Shoe
There is no doubt that sketchers is a brand that provides a wide variety of shoes from work to fitness shoes to boots, whatever shoes you are looking for they will have a pair for you.
- Made from leather
- Rubber sole for greater grip
- Kinetic Wedge midsole that is soft, cushiony and shock-absorbent
- Mesh panels for ventilation
- Available in 4 colors and priced between 100-300$
- Comfortable and reduces plantar fasciitis pain
- Easy to clean
- Loose laces
Final verdict – These shoes are good enough in coping up with your work routine during plantar fasciitis.
No.5 – Propet Men’s Stability Walker Sneaker
Stability walker is one of Propets’ bestsellers and has many lovers. That’s why it is able to make it to our directory of the best sneaker for plantar fasciitis for men.
- Made from full grain leather with nylon lining and rubber outsole
- Detachable PU footbed and lace up front
- EVA midsole for arch support
- Slip resistant
- Available in a large variety of colors at a price less than 130$
- Eases planter fasciitis pain
- Comfortable and long lasting
- Laces of bad quality
Now that I have provided you the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis and also highlighted best of the best out of these, it is your turn to choose the one that is best for you.
So, go on and make the right decision! We hope that after buying and wearing the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis your pain vanishes!